How can a personal injury lawyer help me?
Even if you choose to handle your own personal injury case, you can still benefit from meeting with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Here are some ways that a good lawyer can help you:
1) A lawyer can help explain how car accident and personal injury claims are valued by the insurance companies.
2) A lawyer can help you understand the steps in the personal injury claims process. If you understand the process, you will probably handle your case better.
3) A good lawyer can show you how to settle your claim on your own if you choose to do so. However, an honest lawyer should tell you if hiring a lawyer would bring value to their case or not. I turn away about 50% of the cases that come through my door. I will tell my clients honestly if hiring a lawyer would be helpful.
4) A lawyer can help you understand how to interact with your doctors after an accident. There are so many ways to make mistakes in this process, and the insurance companies will use these missteps against you any day of the week.
5) A lawyer can help you understand how to interact with insurance adjustors. When you understand the universe the adjuster "lives in," you will likely handle your case better.
Again, even if you're not sure if you want to hire a personal injury lawyer, you really should take the time to talk to an experienced lawyer who can guide you without pressuring you.
Comments are closed.
by Robert Mansour
Robert Mansour is a personal injury lawyer serving Santa Clarita, Valencia,